Sunday 28 November 2010

The week that was....

Well another week has flown by, it's now only 27 days until christmas, have you done all your christmas shopping?

Once again this week has involved lots of working but on monday me, my mum and our friend went on a coach trip with the local WI to York. I didn't go for a shopping spree as I have no money and I'm on a spending ban but I did get a few bits (have a haul post coming up tomorrow hopefully).

And my word the snow! I looked at the weather forecast on friday night and it said snow but when I went to bed, which I admit was super early at 9.30, it didn't look like it would snow. Then I woke at 6.30 and blimey, where did it all come from? Chris got called out at 1am and said all the snow fell in 2 hours so it must have been coming down. Driving to work at quarter to 8 on saturday was not fun at all, the car was skidding with the back end flying out and the council, who have brand new snow ploughs as Chris's work has the contract for repairing them and maintaining them, hadn't ploughed and they hadn't gritted since thursday night. Driving home was much better but it had started to freeze so glad I got home when I did.

So after an eventful day I'm off work today and tomorrow so hopefully it'll have melted abit by tuesday, well actually tomorrow as I wanted to go to Tesco but don't fancy driving in this again.

How has your week been? Are you enjoying the snow or are you loathing it like me?

I'm going to skip nexts week post as I'm working 8 days in a row with no day off so I won't be doing anything except working so I'll do another in 2 weeks time!

Image borrowed from weheartit

0 comments:

Post a Comment