Sunday 2 January 2011

Review - No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation

I got a sample of No7's new Beautifully Matte foundation from my local Boots and was abit dubious at first because normal 'mattifying' foundations tend to look, well, really matte and leave your skin looking dull and in need of moisture. But this one was different. 


(Image from Boots)

This claims to leave your skin "shine free for 12 hours whilst balancing the oil production and minimising the look of blemishes." (Taken from the Boots website)

The sample I got lasted me for 3 days and I was really really impressed. I have to admit that it left my skin looking flawless and relatively shine free. I have normal/combination skin and get an oily forehead and chin and normally use the No7 shine free make up base to eliminate this. When I tested this foundation I didn't use the base.

Coverage lasted all day but the only bad thing I have to say is that the colours are abit funny. This comes is shades: Porcelain, Cream, New Ivory, Blonde, Almond and Tan, and normally I used Cream in No7 foundations but in this formulation Cream was super orange so I opted for Porcelain which was a tad on the light side. I can get away with this shade at this time of year but in the summer it would be too pale and Cream would still be too dark.

I would purchase a full-size bottle of this but I wouldn't use it all year round.

This retails at £13.50 for a 30ml bottle and at the moment at Boots if you spend £5 in store you receive a £5 No7 voucher to redeem off any No7 product so that's well worth considering doing. Oh and No7 is also on 3 for 2!

1 comments:

HannahJeppsx said...

love this foundation
please come read my blog, im newww http://hannahsfunhappy-blog.blogspot.com/ xx

Post a Comment