Saturday 8 January 2011

Review - Waxing

Waxing is the method of hair removal that I do the least. This is mainly because when I first did it it hurt like hell so it put me off and secondly it's slightly time consuming.

As I don't regularly wax I only buy cheap(ish) wax strips, normally Elegant Touch, from Home Bargains for around £1.99. These contain 16 strips and they are enough for me to wax both legs and I'll have about 4 left over. 


The strips come in pairs and you pull them apart to use them. You then apply them, one at a time, to the area which you want to wax, smooth it down so it's fully stuck and then pull it off in the direction of hair growth. This will ensure that the maximum amount of hair possible will be removed. You can then re-use the same strip or apply another. 

I still rarely wax but find that now I epilate I hardly get any sensation from waxing as I'm used to the feeling of hair being removed from it's root.

I find the Elegant Touch wax strips buy easy to use and for the price you really cant go wrong with them. I would recommend waxing to anyone but again it's one of those things where the more you do it the less you'll notice it and eventually you will notice a reduction in hair re-growth so it could lead to a partial permanent hair removal. 

Wax also comes in pots which you microwave and then apply with a spatula and in pens for precision application.

Are you a fan of waxing?

0 comments:

Post a Comment