Saturday 26 February 2011

Review - Tara Smith

 
I got sent 3 Tara Smith products to review which I was really excited about as I first heard about Tara Smith way back last year when I was researching about paraben and SLS free products, which you can find here and here.

Tara Smith's press release says that:
"The Tara Smith range combines professional expertise and performance with natural and organic ingredients and no harsh chemicals, available at accessible prices"

All of Tara Smith product are:
  • Made with natural and organic earth friendly ingredients
  • Contain certified organic fragrances
  • Made in the UK
  • Vegan approved
  • BUAV approved
  • Easily recyclable
  • All shampoos are anti-fade
  • Sulphate free so suitable for after Keratin treatment use

All Tara Smith products do not contain:
  • Parabens
  • Sodium Laureth Sulphate (SLS)
  • Glycols
  • Phthalates
  • PEGs
  • Artificial colouring
  • Synthetic fragrance
  • Animal derivatives

Products I got sent are the Big Baby shampoo and conditioner and the Top Coat Glosser.


Big Baby Shampoo (£3.75 - 100ml, £6.50 - 250ml)
"Gently clarifying shmpoo for babies and grown ups with Aloe Vera leaf juice. This very gentle shampoo contains both Aloe Vera leaf juice, to provide the hair with moisture, plus the active ingredient from Chamomile to soothe and calm sensitive scalps."

The first thing I noticed about this product is that a little goes a long long way and I used way too much! It lathers up really well, in fact it lathers up better than any other shampoo I've ever used but it did leave my hair with a few knots. After my hair felt light and it smelt really clean and fresh.


Big Baby Conditioner (£3.75 - 100ml, £6.50 - 250ml)
"For light and gentle conditioning with Chamomile extract. This conditioner combines the active ingredient of Chamomile with Aloe Vera leaf juice to soothe and moisturise, while Marine Algae softens hair to make it easy to manage."

I generally need to use a good amount of conditioner as I have really thick, wavy hair and it needs a good moisture boost. This isn't as thick as some conditioners I've used but I think, if anything, I used less but it went further and it sorted out my knots no problem. The soothing chamomile scent smells lovely and after my hair was left feeling light and not coated like some products can make your hair feel.


Top Coat Glosser (£8.99 - 100ml)
"Set the style add the shine with organic Sweet Orange. A top coat finishing spray for all hair types to add instant shine and the delicious delicate scent of organic Sweet Orange."

I have used shine sprays before but I wouldn't say I particularly like them. My hair is quite shiny anyway so I don't feel the need to buy sprays to make it even shinier. Going off on a slight tangent here but I love how the bottle contains no metal so that it's 100% recyclable and it has a groovy little pump! But back to the product, it is fragranced with sweet orange and smells gorgeous! I used about 5/6 pumps of this all over my hair and it left my hair with a lovely healthy shine.


My super shiny hair

My hair after using only Big Baby shampoo, conditioner and Top Coat Glosser

I didn't use any styling products after washing my hair to see the true effect of these products and my hair is left feeling light, smooth, soft, manageable and it smells gorgeous!


After using these 3 products I would without doubt purchase them myself and recommend them to others. I would also use other products in the range which includes:
  • Base Coat Serum
  • Feed the Root shampoo & conditioner
  • Straight Away shampoo & conditioner
  • C Curl shampoo & conditioner

Tara Smith is available to buy from Cult Beauty and Bodycare 2000.


PLEASE REMEMBER - EVEN THOUGH I RECEIVED THIS TO REVIEW I HAVE GIVEN MY 100% HONEST OPINION

0 comments:

Post a Comment