Friday 4 March 2011

My late 2011 goals

Yes I am aware it is March, but there are still 44 weeks left in the year so a goals post is still acceptable...I think!

Currently I only work 2 days a week, this isn't by choice believe me, so I have alot of time on my hands and recently I've been thinking about what I want to achieve this year instead of having another 'bum' year!

So here is my list:

Get a decent job 
I graduated from uni almost 2 years ago and haven't been able to get a full time job related to health which I have a degree in



Pay my mum and dad off
They lent me money for a new computer when I was at uni and they paid for my car insurance last year when I had to buy a new car

Learn how to sew
I've recently had the urge to be able to make things. I really want to learn to make fabric hearts stuffed with lavendar, I have no idea why!



And I want to make soap and bath bombs
My mum bought a magazine which has lots of ideas for handmade things thinking I would like the sewing articles but instead I was captivated by the soap making ideas!

Read more often
I have 10 books in my collection which I haven't read yet so I want to try to read as many of these as possible


Start saving again
I love saving up but with my pitiful wages I have no money to spare so saving has had to take the backseat for the last couple of years

My biggest aim is to lose weight
I've already lost quite abit but I didn't weigh myself for almost 2 years and knowing how much I weigh now I would like to lose 5 stone! This is a mahoosive amount of weight and even if I did lose this I wouldn't be at my lightest which I was when I was 16 - ok I am almost 23 but that would be nice!



Start actively crafting
I got into doing craft blog challenges and set up another blog for these but haven't done and properly since way before christmas

(Images borrowed from weheartit)

Have you set yourself any goals for this year? If so link me to them or write them below :-)

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi,

I've also recently had the urge to make things too! I'm currently trying to make headbands and jewellery. Hopefully you'll blog about them and we can share our creations!

xxo

Karla said...

@Lisa - I don't know what's up with me, I've turned into some kind of mother hen! I've been cleaning, moving furniture around, and doing other homely things. It's worrying! But yes when I get round to trying something I'll post it up on here! x

Anonymous said...

I've really enjoyed making my own beauty products but it takes a lot of patience and a big space to do it.

Are you looking for jobs in the county or would you look to move to Nottingham? Do you want to work for a PCT?

Karla said...

@Skin Scrubs - Yeah I want to work for a PCT and have looked for work in Nottingham, Sheffield, Worksop/Retford, Lincoln, Gainsborough. I can't really move as the OH works in Gainsborough but I had an interview on Tuesday in Lincoln so fingers crossed! x

Post a Comment