Sunday 15 April 2012

Review - Too Faced Lemon Drop shadow insurance

I suffer from really bad dark circles under my eyes and no matter how many hours sleep I have or how much water I drink they're always there. Yes I use concealer but sometimes it isn't enough. A few years ago I discovered Benefit's Lemon Aid, a colour correcting product, but as I now mainly use power foundation the creamy consistency doesn't work too well with powder and it can cake up. But a few months ago Too Faced launched their own version called Lemon Drop.


I couldn't wait to try this out so last month I bought a tube to try. At £16.50 you get a 11ml tube of product which is massive compared to Benefit's Lemon Aid where for the same price you get a teeny 2.7ml of product.  


When I first squeezed a bit of this out to try I was a little shocked to find it had separated and I got creamy product and water but regardless of this the product texture was nice and creamy and it was a subtle shade of yellow.


When rubbed in it definitely brightens up the skin and even though it doesn't completely hide my dark circles it does do a good job at calming down the darkness.

I'm not sure if I would buy this again, I would have to see how long the tube lasted but I am quite impressed with the results.

0 comments:

Post a Comment