Sunday 13 May 2012

Review - Avalon Organics Tea Tree shampoo

When I had really bad eczema on my scalp I was desperate to find something that just soothed it as it had for some reason flared up so bad it was driving my insane. It wasn't really itchy but it was flaking like crazy. I had tried most shampoos that seemed to work in the short term but then had little effect. When me and my mum popped to one of our local towns we nipped into Waitrose to have a look and I came across this Tea Tree shampoo from a brand I'd never heard of before, Avalon Organics.


This was priced at £5.99 for a 325ml bottle which is a little more than I like to spend on a shampoo but I was willing to try anything to try to calm my scalp down. As the brand suggests it is organic so no nasties are included and it had a subtle scent of Tea Tree.


So off I popped into the shower when I got home and I was pleasantly surprised. It foamed up really well, a little goes a very long way, and it left my hair feeling, clean, shiny, soft and gently scented. I wouldn't say it helped my scalp in a major way but I think that the fact it didn't contain parabens or SLS did help to calm the flakiness down.

Now would I repurchase? If it was on offer then yes I would but I don't think I would pay full price for this when I've used cheaper, similar products that cost less. But even though I did like this and would probably try some of the other products, but again only if they were on offer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment