Sunday 14 April 2013

Save vs Splurge - Lime Shower Gels

It's been a long time since I last did a Save Vs Splurge post, it was June 2011 to be precise. 

I am aware that I have already review Soap & Glory's Sugar Crush body wash but when I started Philosophy's Luscious Lime shower gel I thought I would do a comparison post due to the significant difference in price.



Left to Right:
Soap & Glory Sugar Crush body wash - £6.50 for 500ml
Philosophy Luscious Lime shower gel - £14.00 for 480ml


Soap & Glory Sugar Crush is a lovely sweet lime scent and is more of a cream than a gel. It is great in the morning to wake you up as the scent immediately hits you, you just have to be careful you don't get slap happy with it! I normally use 3-4 pumps.

Philosophy Luscious Lime shower gel is a gel in consistency. It is quite thick which makes getting it out a little hard at times as the bottle is chunky. The lime scent is amazing! It is proper juicy lime but it doesn't fill the bathroom with an amazing scent.

As the Philosophy shower gel is over twice as much as the Soap & Glory one I would go for Soap & Glory every time. Luckily I got the Philosophy shower gel after christmas in the sales for £7.00 but no way would I spend £14.00 on it.

Have you tried either of these products? What did you think?



1 comments:

Louise - Freckled Elle said...

My favourite lime shower gel is Original Source's, which is about £1-2. Soap & Glory's Sugar Crush Body Wash is next on my 'to buy' list because I think it smells like lime cheesecake! I think £6.50 is expensive for a shower gel (compared to the likes of Treacle Moon's shower gels, which are £2.99 for 500ml), but it smells so good, I'm going to treat myself!

Post a Comment