Friday 12 July 2013

Review - L'Oreal Preference Mousse Absolue Permanent Hair Colour



After using semi permanent hair dye for quite a while I decided I needed something that wouldn't fade quite as fast, as I am red this is quite hard to find as red fades so quick, so I decided maybe a permanent hair dye would solve my problem.

As my hair is long and thick one box of dye was struggling to give a good coverage on my hair so when I saw that L'Oreal had brought out a new reusable mousse dye I jumped at the chance to try it.  


I bought shade 465 which is dark burgundy red.

The dye is really easy to use. No mixing is required, you only have to clip the top on the dispenser, shake 20 times and off you go.

One thing I did notice was the strong smell of ammonia. In fact it was very strong but I always used to buy ammonia free dye so I'm not used to the smell.

I used one and a half boxes of the dye and as the dye can be saved to use for touch ups I think the rest will give me an ample amount to give a good root touch up when I get round to it.

The colour didn't come out as bright as it looks on the box, it was more brown with a hint of red but everyone seemed to comment on how nice the colour was so I guess it wasn't bad at all!

This dye is priced at £10.99 a box and is available from Boots, Superdrug and supermarkets.

0 comments:

Post a Comment