After nearly 2 years I've decided that I'm going to start blogging again!
In that time ALOT has changed and recently I've been starting to miss my little blogging family. I'm going to change the concept slightly and be more of a lifestyle blogger but beauty will still feature.
Over the next couple of weeks you'll notice things changing and my first proper blog post will be up.
I have to admit it feels good to be back!
Sunday, 6 October 2013
I love baking and cooking and I love trying out new recipes that I find online. One of my favourite websites is Baking Mad where people can upload their own recipes for others to try. I particularly like this as you know the results can be achieved and often you don't need fancy ingredients that cost an arm and a leg that you'll never use again.
I recently was sent some baking goodies to try out and as I hadn't done some baking for a while I decided to crack out the mixing bowl and make something.
Even though I was sent a recipe book, I found the recipe for ice cream cone cupcakes on the Baking Mad website and decided I would give them a try.
The recipe was really easy to follow and here is my end result:
I also really enjoy making cheesecakes and there are some really good recipes available here: http://www.bakingmad.com/ideas/cheesecake-recipes
And there are some great cupcake recipes too, I am definitely going to bake the christmas tree ones at christmas:
In the next couple of weeks I am going to bake a few recipes from the recipe book including the pink swirl meringues and jaffa cakes so I'll let you know how they turn out!
Do you like baking? What are your favourite recipes and things to cook?
Thursday, 1 August 2013
Everyone seems to be doing a 50 random facts post lately so I thought I'd hop on the bandwagon and join in so here are mine.
1. I have a degree in Health
2. I sniff bread to see if it's gone off. In fact I sniff all bread before I use it! Yes I know I'm weird!
3. I'm left handed
4. I have lists for everything
5. I had mumps and rubella as a teenager
6. I love the smell of coffee but hate the taste of it
7. I sleep talk
8. I hate making phone calls, it can sometimes take me weeks
9. On my driving test I reversed into a big metal fence. I failed
10. My first job was at Superdrug
11. The first concert I went to was see Justin Timberlake
12. I was in the school hockey team
13. I need glasses
14. When I was just a few months old my dad nearly died
15. I moved out of home when I was 18 and moved back when I was 22
16. I could easily spend a week in my own company
17. I walk on the side of my feet
18. Until February this year hadn't had my hair cut properly in over 2 years
19. I've walked past Ronan Keating in my little home town
20. I have a king sized bed but always sleep on the one side
21. I'm an only child
22. Originally my blog was for crafting not for beauty
23. I want to visit New York and Dubai
24. I don't like strawberries but love strawberry jam and yogurts
25. I hate bridges, being stuck on one makes me panic
26. I much prefer Diet Coke to regular Coke
27. I've never broken a bone (touch wood)
28. I've twisted my ankle twice
29. I've never owned a PC, I've always had a Mac (and always will)
30. My hair is the longest it's been in about 7 years
31. When I was little I used to eat raw sausages out of the fridge (I don't know why!)
32. I can't breathe out of my nose very well, it's an allergy but doctors cant help me
33. If I think of something I need to do in bed I can't sleep until I've written it down
34. I'v never watched a musical until a few years ago hen Hairspray came out on film
35. I used to want a nose job
36. I don't like melted butter, it gives me tummy ache
37. I've never had an operation
38. I shake my foot when I'm sat still
39. I'm a bit number and letter dyslexic
40. I once saw the Queen at Lincoln Cathedral (this was a long time ago)
42. I always get told I've got a line of dirt on my nose but it's just natural shadow
43. My hair is naturally wavy but I always wear it straight
44. I'd love to be a secondary school teacher, a historian or work from home
45. I've never ever smoked or taken drugs
46. The first CD I bought was by the Spice Girls
47. I used to have a pet Jack Russell called Emma
48. My favourite radio station is Kisstory (old school anthems)
49. I can't lay on my left hand side when sleeping as I can hear my pulse
50. Ever car I've had has had the air conditioning broken and it's always been unable to fix
So there are my 50 random facts, if you've done this challenge then comment below with the link and I'll check it out.
Wednesday, 31 July 2013
My hair is really thick and takes quite a while to blow dry which isn't ideal when I wash my hair in the mornings before work so when I saw that Goody had brought out a paddle brush which contained micro fibre bristles I had to buy it to see if it was as good as I imagined it to be.
It is a typical paddle brush in shape and size but in between the bristle there are microfibre bristles and Goody claims that these help to reduce drying time by up to 30%.
I found that the brush did slightly reduce my drying time but it also helped to smooth out my hair so that it didn't take as long to straighten.
If you have long hair then this could be your saviour. I would like to see a slightly smaller brush with the microfibre bristles for people with shorter hair to use.
The Quikstyle is £12.49 and available from Boots.
Tuesday, 30 July 2013
Schwarzkopf brought out the worlds first hair mask colorant earlier this year and it seemed to come out right when my hair needed dying so I bought a pack to try.
I bought it in shade 586 warm mahogany.
It was easy to use, you take the lid off the mask pot, add the colorant, shake vigorously 40 times and apply to dry, unwashed hair.
I found that one pack wasn't enough for my hair, I had to really use it sparingly but like all other hair dyes they do recommend more than one pack for thick or long hair.
There was a slight smell of ammonia but nothing too overpowering.
I wasn't too keen on the end colour, I have used better.
This is £6.49 and available from most beauty outlets but personally I would give this one a miss, there are much better products on the market.
Sunday, 28 July 2013
I have MUA's Undressed palette and have used it that much some of my favourite shades have hit pan so when they released the Undress Me Too palette I had to buy it.
I like that there is a mix of pearl and matte shades that not only can be used as eyeshadow but also as eyebrow colours. Excuse my messy looking palette in the photo above!
On this palette the shades are named which makes creating looks a little easier. I'm not sure if these colours are going to be introduced to MUA's Fashionista fill your own palette range, it would be great of they did as I do have a couple of firm favourites already.
The shadows have quite a smooth texture and glide on my lids easily. The pigmentation is also really good but I haven't used the matte colours, I much prefer the pearl finish shades. I found that they also lasted the majority of the day but they do crease a little.
The palette is £4 so your can't really go wrong compared to some other 'nude' palettes this one is so affordable and I wouldn't even consider buying the others as I don't think the quality would beat this one.
This is available from MUA online and Superdrug stores.
Saturday, 27 July 2013
About a year ago I found this in TK Maxx for £9.99 a bottle but as I being good I decided that I didn't need another shampoo and conditioner even though I really wanted to try it so I resisted and didn't buy it.
Almost immediately I regretted my decision and have trawled every TK Maxx I've come across since to try to find it again...with no luck :-(
So I finally decided to bite the bullet and buy these for full price from Boots: the shampoo was £18.50 and the conditioner £20.00. Yes they're pricey.
The scent is a light coconut and most importantly it doesn't smell artificial. For almost £40 for both I would have been seriously disappointed if they did.
I also decided that these were going to be for special hair days and not for everyday use as I simply can't afford £40 every month or so to replace but I have used these everytime I've washed my hair since I bought them.
From the first wash my hair felt and looked so much fresher, smoother and shinier. Sometimes my hair can look greasy straight after washing but with these I am going 3 days with out re-washing as my hair still feels fresh. My scalp feels slightly itchy but as long as my hair doesn't look greasy I can cope with this!
I am really impressed with these products and have repurchased them already but I am gong to cut down on when I use them as I can't afford to use them as I am at the moment.
These can be bought at Boots or they are slightly cheaper on some online websites.