Friday 24 June 2011

Review - Organic Surge part 1

Organic Surge, a brand which says no to parabens, SLS (sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate), synthetic perfumes, artifical colours, chemical antioxidants, artificial foaming agents and many more nasty things. To find out what parabens and SLS are click here.

I've bought quite a few Organic Surge products over the last few months so instead of reviewing them all individually I'm going to do a big brand review but it's going to be split into two parts. Part one is going to review their shower gels and haircare and part two, which will be up tomorrow, is going to review their skincare.

Shower gels - £3.99 for 250ml


There shower gels come in six fragrances and I have three of them: citrus mint, sugared almond and fresh ocean.

Yes the price is slightly more expensive than other brands but they are on par with brands with the same values. The consistency is runnier than other shower gels but this also means you need less as a little goes a long way! They are also colourless but this is because they don't have artificial colours in them.

After using them my skin feels soft, cleansed and slightly fragranced. My favourites are citrus mint and fresh ocean!

Other fragrances: Tropical bergamot, Peach Passion and Gentle Meadow. 


Haircare - £4.99 each (250ml shampoo and 200ml conditioner)
Or buy in a bundle for £8.99 each


The shampoos and conditioners come in five different varieties depending on your hair type. I have the moisture boost and shine boost ones. Like the shower gels, the shampoos are slightly runnier than other brands but not by much and again this means a little goes a long way especially as they foam up really well. Once washed my hair felt cleansed but unlike another brand which also doesn't contain nasty things my hair wasn't left a tangled, knotty mess before conditioning. The conditioner is the same consistency as you'd expect and my hair was left soft and manageable. My hair didn't go limp or greasy when it needed washing like it normally does so overall I'm very impressed!

The moisture boost products contains organic almond and palmarosa, I believe this is a grass, essential oils and it is softly scented, not overpowering like some fragrances can be. The shine boost products have organic grapefruit and citrus essential oils and to me it smells abit weird. It doesn't scream citrus but it's not unpleasant at all.

Other varieties: colour protect, blonde boost, and volume boost.


Part two coming up tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment