Wednesday 12 October 2011

Review - Sanex Zero shower gel


In a magazine a while go I found a sample of Sanex's new Zero % shower gel. I was intrigued to try this as it contains no parabens, phthanthates, colourants or phenoxyethanol (a preservative often used a an alternative to parabens, see post here). It also has a biodegradable formulation so it is good for the environment too!

So with the claims of having no nasties in it I was quite pleased when I looked at the ingredients that it only contained 10 rather than the usual 15+ like other shower gels.

I used the formulation for 'normal' skin (centre in the picture above) and was slightly apprehensive about how good the product would be. This is a clear product and contains no artificial fragrance but it did have a slight odd smell to it but it wasn't unpleasant. It did lather up ever so slightly but as it contains no artificial foaming agents if I expected massive bubbles and lather I would have been a bit silly. When I got out of the shower I did feel cleansed and it was actually nice to get out with out my skin being scented by a shower product so I could layer up fragrance as I wanted.

I don't think I would use this myself but if I did develop a skin condition I would without a doubt head to the shops to buy this and would recommend it to others.

Available from all good chemists!

0 comments:

Post a Comment