Saturday 27 April 2013

Book Review - Christmas At The Cupcake Cafe by Jenny Colgan


The blurb....
Join Issy, Austin, Pearl and Caroline as they prepare for a very special Christmas...

Issy Randall, proud owner of The Cupcake Cafe, is in love and couldn't be happier. Her new business is thriving and she is surrounded by close friends, even if her cupcake colleagues Pearl and Caroline don't seem quite as upbeat about the upcoming season of snow and merriment. But when her boyfriend Austin is scouted for a possible move to New York, Issy is forces to face up to the prospect of a long-distance romance. And when the Christmas rush at the cafe - with its increase demand for her delectable creations - begins to take it's toll, Issy has to decide what she hold most dear.

The December, Issy will have to rely on all her reserves of courage, good nature and cinnamon, to make sure everyone has a merry Christmas, one way or another.


What I thought....
Pretty soon after starting reading this I discovered that there is a book which comes before (Meet Me At The Cupcake Cafe) so I was a little lost with the characters but I caught up really quickly. I found it a little hard to get into the story and as I started this was back in November and finished it in March proves it. Once I started reading it on my holiday I found the story really engaging and when it finished I was a little disappointed as I wanted to keep on reading! If like me you haven't read the first book, it's not a massive problem as you quickly get to know the characters.


Pages....
400


Available on...
iPad, Kindle and paper!

0 comments:

Post a Comment